Sarah is a leading expert in emerging issues and trends in privacy, security and technology. She has a growing, well founded reputation for her honest commitment to changing the way personal data is managed. Sarah recently spoke to a Parliamentary Select Committee, challenging ideas about data sharing and accountability within machine learning.
Winning a range of awards including: Forbes 30 Under 30 in 2016, a New Radical Award from NESTA in 2016, a Creative Conscience Gold Prize in 2015 and a Future Pioneer award from The Design Council in 2014, she founded IF, where she works as CEO.
Attracting some of the most influential global companies, Sarah has developed IF, a world renowned, multidisciplinary team who work with organisations shaping our digital world to show how they can be trusted with data. Through their work, IF demonstrates how to design services people can trust.
Sarah sits on the board for Tech for Good, is a practitioner for the Research Institute in the Science of Cyber Security and a Fellow of the RSA.
- Female Founders 101, Business Cloud, 2017
- Forbes 30 Under 30, Forbes, 2016
- Highly Commended for Infocus, Innovate UK, 2016
- New Radical, NESTA, 2016
- Near Now Fellow, Broadway, 2015
- Creative Conscience Gold Award, 2015
- CoLAB Associate, 2015
- RSA Fellow, Royal Society of the Arts, 2015
- Creative Enterprise Award for Innovation, University of the Arts, 2014
- Future Pioneer Award, The Design Council, 2014
- New York Design Festival, New York, 2017
- Big Bang Data, Somerset House, London, 2015-2016
- Art, Data, Money, Furtherfield, London, 2015
- Azone Futures, Guggenheim, New York, 2015
- Digital Design Weekend, V&A, London, 2015
- Civic Shop, Somerset House, London, 2015
- Restless Futures, London Design Festival, London, 2014
- Designersblock, London Design Festival, London, 2014
- New Designers, Business Centre, London, 2014
Sarah's work published in books
- Alternet in Critical Design, Theory of Practices by Dr Matthew Malpass (2016)
- New Civic chapter in Crafting our digital futures launched by Irini Papadimitriou, Andrew Prescott & Jon Rogers (2015)